Monday, December 5, 2011

Change is the only constant.

Unless you are talking about k ...

I know, trite and contrived but appropriate given my current situation.
The company I work for just went out of business which means the job hunt is on.
I would love to tell you that this does not bum me out royally or have me worried as all get out.
That would be a bald face lie, I’m scared and bummed.
What is my reaction? Get busy!  
Iterating over my resume with what seemed like a hundred times, talking to recruiters I quickly came to the conclusion that my resume sucked.
 Why?
It didn’t capture me.  I’m on the phone or meeting these people and they are shocked (in a good way) at who I really am vs. the resume.
Yeah I’m geek but love to talk, teach think about business and marketing and engage socially and and…
So with the help of some people I know, trust and love, I wrote a profile statement I hope it captures some of who I am:

An experienced technology leader who brings professionalism, integrity and commitment to collaborate and partner closely with customers, colleagues, business leaders C-level executives; working to deliver people-friendly solutions that achieve and surpass client user experience and business and financial goals. A passionate, analytic technologist, relishing challenges and solving problems using global understanding and a willingness to grow professionally in order to conceptualize, develop and deliver innovative technological solutions. An energetic team and consensus builder, using strength as a trainer and communicator to motivate and enhance the technological productivity and skill levels of colleagues.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, Professional. Are you an "energetic team" though? Maybe I just didn't read that right.

    I have a Business Administration Management Diploma if you want someone to take a look at it for you. Resumes was half my course...lol

    What kind of work are you looking for? in Vernon? I will keep my ear to the ground for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cam!

    Been so heads down with looking for work I have not been tending my blog!

    I found some contract work with a company out of Calgary Ecommerce and Technology.

    ReplyDelete